PS4 or Xbox One or PC
Batman: Arkham Knight is the last of the Batman Arkham series of games.
Batman: Arkham Knight
Set one year after the events of 2011’s Batman: Arkham City, the game’s main storyline follows Batman as he confronts Scarecrow, who has launched an attack on Gotham City, causing a city-wide evacuation. Aided by the mysterious Arkham Knight, Scarecrow unites Batman’s greatest foes in a plot to finally destroy Batman. – wikipedia
My husband has been playing this game non-stop since he bought it. I’ve played a bit here and there and I even completed a really hard driving Riddler mission that my husband couldn’t complete!
In Batman: Arkham Knight:
- You can travel to any part of Gotham City from the beginning of the game. There is no waiting for a load screen as you travel from one place to another. Gotham City is 3 times as big as it was in Batman: Arkham City.
- You can drive the Batmobile! Plus it’s not just a regular car, it has awesome abilities and can transform into battle mode.
- When you disarm bad guys with certain weapons you can use that same weapon on other bad guys before it breaks.
- You get to play as Robin, Nightwing or Catwoman in certain parts of the game.
- It’s the first time you can use the Fear Takedown to eliminate many opponents at once.
- There are 243 optional Riddler trophies!
- There is downloadable content that allows you to play as Harley Quinn, Batgirl or Red Hood for a short mission. More downloadable content is coming.
- There are multiple skins available for Batman and other characters.
- They incorporated storylines from the comics such as The Killing Joke and A Death in the Family but the game puts a twist on these titles.
The game is great but my husband found some of the side missions to be ridiculously hard such as the Azrael mission where you can’t get hit, even ONCE or some of the missions that you have to use the Batmobile. The voice talents, especially for Batman, Harley Quinn and The Joker were amazing. He was very pleased with the plot which included a unique idea involving The Joker who you might remember died in Batman: Arkham City.
The graphics are so great, with no detail spared. There is lightning when it rains, the shadows change based on position, the expression on his face and more. The posters and graffiti around the city contain Easter Eggs and would be recognized by any true Batman fan for their meaning. Overall we would rate the game 4.5 stars out of 5.