It’s a new year and it’s time to make resolutions. Even if you don’t make regular resolutions, if you are a video gamer or you just like board/card games, you can make gaming resolutions.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Make Gaming Resolutions
Here are some suggestions for gaming resolutions. Tailor them to your situation, likes and dislikes of course.
- Buy 2 New Games This Year
- Don’t Buy Any Games This Year
- Complete ________________ game
- Get a new high score on _______________
- Have a games night every month
- Make a new gaming friend
- Try 2 new games you’ve never played before
- Go through my board games and purge some
- Redo my gaming room
- Build a gaming room
- Follow new Youtube gamers for ideas
- Start a Youtube Gaming Channel
- Make 2 Game Videos a Week
- Start a Gaming blog
- Post 2 posts a month on my gaming blog
- Start a Gaming TikTok
- Post new content on my TikTok every week
- Start a Gaming ______________ Account
- Create my own game
What Do I Do With My Resolutions?
Most people completely forget about their resolutions by February or sometimes even mid January. If you just think about them and do nothing with them, you will forget.
Write Them Down
You can be a simple as a list on the refrigerator or more artsy by making a bullet journal spread. Make a printout for your gaming room or share your resolutions on social media.
Get a Resolution Buddy
Resolutions are more fun if you do them with someone else. Lots of people make exercise resolutions and get an exercise buddy. It’s the same idea. Maybe you have a gaming buddy that wants the same things you do. Make resolutions together and help each other out and encourage each other along the way.
A resolution and a goal are not the same thing. Resolutions are general ideas of what you want to accomplish. Goals are S.M.A.R.T. which stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timed. Once you’ve created your goals to help you accomplish your resolution, you are more likely to achieve it. For example if you resolution is to create a gaming room, your goals might include clearing out a room, buying a desk, buying a gaming chair, buying a gaming laptop, decorating etc.