Fall Games for Kids
Use a sheet or tarp as a parachute and throw some raked leaves on top. As you all hold the sides and move the parachute up and down, the leaves will shoot into the sky and float back down, lots of fun!
Tape pairs of leaves to index cards (choose leaves that are smaller than index cards) and play memory with them. Lay them out face down in rows and take turns turning two cards over. If they are a match you keep them and go again. Winners it the person with the most cards.
Use pop or water bottles as bowling pins and use a small pumpkin with the stem cut off as a bowling ball and try to knock down the pins.
Gather a bunch of acorns and have races. Roll the acorns from a starting line (use a piece of tape or chalk line) and see who can roll it the farthest.
For more Thanksgiving and fall related entertainment, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Thanksgiving Cozy Mysteries by In Our Spare Time
- What to watch this Thanksgiving by Mom Does it All
- Thanksgiving picture books for kids by Better in Bulk
- Fun group games to play while digesting that turkey by Pretty Opinionated
- 4 Good Thanksgiving family movies by OurFamilyWorld
- iPhone Games for Thanksgiving by Momma D Jane